Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week 16- Vivian's Current Event

I have two current events that I have been following. I could not decide over choosing a local current event or an international current event. They are both important so I will post both and talk about one in class. The first current event is about Nigeria's new president, Goodluck Jonathan. I am very interested in the Nigerian civil war and the ethnic and religious tensions between the many communities in Africa's most populous region. The new Christian president will be taking over after the death of the Muslim leader, Umaru Yar'Adua on May 7th, 2010. He is likely to choose a Muslim vice-president to help calm the relationship between Muslim and Christian communities in Nigeria. You can find more information on the nationall public radio website. The other current event that I wanted to briefly touch upon is the upcoming election in June where voters will be chosing to install term limits on the county supervisors that have all been there for over 15 years. I would love to hear the class' thoughts on that issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment