Tuesday, March 16, 2010

21st Century_my top three chapters

After looking through the table of contents and briefly skimming some of the first pages of the chapters, I think my three favorite chapters are chapters 2 and 3 which both focus on resistance in the classroom and chapter 8 (on teaching about black women to white girls). I like chapters 2 and 3 because they speak about student resistance in the classroom and hoping to be a future professor I would like to read about Macdonald's experience with resistance so that I am better prepared. I like chapter 8 because it also seems to be talking about resistance. If I had to narrow it down to two chapters out of these three, I would choose chapters 3 and 8....this way chapter 3 talks about nationalism while chapter 8 talks about race.

No comments:

Post a Comment